Monday, November 06, 2006

Expression through the written word is difficult today,
Why I can sing but cannot write my thoughts I cannot say,
Despite this all I will attempt some layman's easy prose,
Although it may feel awkward, like an unkempt, greasy rose.

First I feel strong hatred, burning lustfully inside,
My soul finds fault with competition, but it can't decide,
Do I stay within the circle, pompous as can be,
Of friends and foes, and trouble those, who turn and spit on me.

I've always loved a challenge, like our friendship (that's for sure),
But shouldn't friends tie up loose ends, instead of knotting more?
And should we not cease and desist, when granted easy truce,
Instead of gnawing in our bellies, twixt farce, facade, and ruse?

"But friend!" you cry, "Why fly when I am confident in soaring?"
"And other friends, who tie up ends, are quite often boring,"
So I sigh and kneel again, and feel the tongue-lash fall,
And wonder, through the pain, if I returned my mother's call.

Other things have come to mind, so I'll continue my digression,
On efficient social puppets 'midst political recession,
Of why a man is deified, enthroned by godly dress,
While crowds will follow his commands, morals all a-mess.

It rarely seems that I can dream of the logical thing to do,
And wake to find I'm far behind, for others think it too,
And I would rejoice, and raise my voice, if all the world would sing,
Of love and peace, of elbow grease, of avoiding lewd flings.

I find it hard to find a friend so open as to say,
That they don't mind that I can find a more efficient way,
If they gave to me all the room to be what I was meant to,
That friend would be the avatar of who I would relent to.

Unfortunately, as you can see, I've stopped being concise
So I'll conclude, just don't be rude, I don't write verses twice,
When you arise and don your clothes, ascending God's own stairway,
Be sure you don't neglect all those who chose to act the fair way.

No comments: