Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Black Dress

Hello my name is Maryann. I am seven years old but my mom says I act old for my age. :-) Today my father died.

We went to the funral and I had to wear the itchy black dress that I hate. Mom says that I should be glad I have a black dress to wear that some girls dont have black dresses at all. This makes me sad becuse I know that I was being selfish and I wore the dress anyway. There was an old man at the place and he looked like he had done a lot of funrals. I wished someone had come with less experense so I could sneak a look in the casket but the old man gave me a stern face when I started tiptoing closer so I stayed back next to mom.

There really isnt anyone here that I know except for Paul the grocer man. He used to come over and talk to mom for a long time when she thought I was asleep. I like Paul except he always looks tired even today. I think people are staring becuse I keep writing while old man talks about dad like he knew him. He didnt.

Ow! People in the back are shoving!!! I lookd behimd me and thers men comming thru the crowd! They are wearing black but I dont think they are here to be sad abot dad!

I ran away. I dont think they can find me here but they took mom! They said she was taking dads plasce! I dont want mom to go but I cant find anyone now and it is getting dark! Im scared.

I dont kno what time it is but I heared noises so I got up and I still hear them getting closer.

No comments: