Monday, January 07, 2008

$epulcher

I cannot bear to suffer this question anymore. My life rotates and simultaneously revolves frenetically around a single point: money. This is, in a word, ridiculous. Let me put forth some of those things which plague me most frequently:

May I have an education?
Money.

May I focus on furthering my artistic ability?
Money.

May I travel where I wish?
Money.

May I devote my time to ministering to others?
Money.

There is no bitterness, there is no hate, there is no pride, there is no willful ignorance, there is no tyrant that avoids money - all these things embrace it; indeed, these things are only a small sample, for money permeates our culture as a cloud of dust permeates the asthmatic's lungs. It stifles creativity, rewards the vapid, and promotes laziness in the well-to-do. What lazy man is motivated to work because of money? No one fails to nap for want of money, for laziness cannot be cured by any external medicine, only by a change of heart.

Still, the world would not survive without money, for humankind is greedy, and loves to possess without standards. Truly, what is possessed is not as important to the greedy as the quantity and quality of one's possessions.

I curse money and all that it stands for, for though money has done me many a favor, it has done me disservice many times over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So what are you gonna do about it?