Sunday, March 30, 2008

Once, I Knew Myself

Twist and try
I hold the sky when I
Run
And fly to the sun
It's so hard
When part of my heart
Says "stay grounded"
But
Pounding my chest
Isn't exactly
The best
Way to address the problem.

Digging to the source
Of the course
Of the stream
I can't scream in remorse
Only sob in,
Gentle
Internal
Discourse.
Yes, that's what I mean
Because dust
Has no sheen
And I must lie fallow
Rust forms a crust
Over what's green.

So I tried
In beautiful, awful
Suicide of the wide-open
Mind
To embrace the side
Which is kind
But I lied when I turned
My face,
Said "I died"
But I yearned for
A peaceful space.

Sleep comes slowly for the weak.

2 comments:

Miss Gyny said...

The rhythm in this keeps messing me up, but other then that, I like it. You get a cookie, BHC

BleedingHeartCommunist said...

That was intentional. It makes a little more (or maybe less >_<) sense when spoken out loud.