Thursday, June 26, 2008

Ambivalence in Poetic Form

In an imperfect world I have no say in
Who lives or dies,
Who sinks or flies
But who rocks the skies?

Who throws the stars?
Like the shadow mars
My empty heart.

There is no perfect hope,
Only the hopeless are worthy.

Yeah I'm scared!
I've got a right to be!
You're so afraid of me
That you can't see what's inside of me.
So let me walk through your heart
Give me the tour,
Once and for all
And quit your stalling
I'm only calling out to you
'Cause I need to know

Is it true?
Can it be done?
Can two separate people
Truly become one?

There is no cruel hate
Only the violent procreate.

So pardon my ferociousness
And I'll throw an anorexic twist
Into the heady readiness
That belies your unsteadiness.

If you'll change your stance
Catch your balance and your breath
Stay focused, think ahead
'Cause I'm high on death

There is no perfect lover,
Only love itself is perfect.

No comments: