Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Feel my touch,
Like a crutch,
You use it to feel your way.

See my skin,
Lit from within,
You use it to see your way.

But if you had more sense than I,
You'd know exactly why I cry,
And why my heart it breaks so fine,
Into pieces that defy design.

Hear my voice,
You have no choice,
But to find me on your way.

Smell my fear,
Inside here,
You cannot hide today.

But if you had any sense at all,
You'd know exactly why I fall,
And why my heart it hardly breaks,
Because of all the scars you make.

This is for all the times I died,
And wanted simply to melt in your arms,
And this is for all the times I cried,
When you never went deeper than your charm.

And no longer,
Do I search for you,
No longer do I hunger.

And you my friend,
Will never taste,
My innocence again.

In a vain quest for recognition . . .

No comments: