Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Limitless Vision

Eyes.

What do they mean, what do they represent? It is everything except a person's eyes that indicates mood and emotion. The many temporal muscles that make up our face dictate to our observers our reactions, so why do the eyes play such a large part? Even focus of the eyes is shown by squinting, the eyes themselves remaining almost entirely static. Is it the dilation of the pupils? Our subconscious minds may be capable of detecting those subtle fluctuations in pupil width, perhaps it is this that causes us to be so obsessed with eyes.

Eyes...orbs of pure emotion. Without the eyes we are not simply blind, but others are blinded as well. It is a mutual blindfold, a two-way mirror, a kaleidescope of congealed shapes and colors, a fiend who displays our innermost desires on a crudely-written poster board message.

I look into your eyes and I see nothing. A blank brick wall greets me, chains and long-forgotten cinderblock littering the broken ground. This should not be, why am I so blinded? Was there something I missed, some abstract memo, some coded secret that I was unaware of? I feel imprisoned outside these walls . . .

We climb the walls because they are there. What an awful reason to learn about someone. Personalities are not set up for your conquest, they are works of art subject only to the viewer's interpretation, not modification! Psyches are not reverse engineer-able. When you break down a mind you will never be able to restore it to what it once was, for God-like abilities are reserved for God alone.

How angry I become when I consider the selfish motivation for such behavior.

No comments: