Monday, February 19, 2007

Mocha

It's time I let you all in on a secret I've been keepin'
'Cause there's no time for yakkin' when my brain like tea is steepin'
What you can't guess though you harass me while I'm busy chuggin'
Now that I'm done I'll tell you 'bout a different kind of muggin'

Girls you see are pretty fine this much I must confess,
But there's one kind above all else that I love to caress.
I hope that when you look at me you won't see any less,
But this topic microscopic is causing me great stress.

Insipid and vacuous most girls are dumb like la roca
You ask them about hip hop and they respond with a polka
But I see something different in girls with skin like coca
Girls so fine they brightly shine quite frequently are mocha.

You might think it's superfluous that I keep on expounding,
But words and rhymes about these girls inside my head are pounding,
Truthfully I find this situation quite confounding,
But when she's staring back at me alarms just keep on sounding.

I'm not much of a talker, I'm a poet not a screamer,
And compared to those Haitian girls I'm white like coffee creamer,
But since those dames with English names lack epidermal toffee,
Baby won't you let me be the creamer in your coffee?

No comments: