Monday, March 12, 2007

A Good Kisser

I destroyed her!

I sacrificed the one most dear to me for the sake of tasting the forbidden fruit; furthermore, others less stealthy than I have followed my example, rendering my rebellion meaningless. I feel myself succumbing to the bloodlust. It drives me to my knees, my frothing face upturned while my body writhes in the dust of the street. Others have hidden from the evil ones that prepare to terminate me for my insolence, but I cannot move while I am overcome by this dissonant euphoria. Closer, closer they come. My movements are sluggish, my mind even slower, but I can feel the grip of the drug-like stupor beginning to release, one finger at a time. Perhaps...no, it is too late, for the enemy moves with the speed of blackened lightning, a blight upon the very air itself.

It is with great suddenness that I see four of them emerge - churning through the air like arrows they intercept my enemy, and I recognize them. They are my friends.

Who am I to deserve this favor? What have I done? I killed her, and I will never forgive myself. Even should she forgive me, I am a betrayer and a fool. The forbidden fruit was never so useful as I thought it would be...and I have lost something much greater.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Soooo these simple sentence tells all,a regret maybe or a foolish road mistakingly taken ....But don't worry all is forgiven ,for I too traveled the mistaken road ,and it too haunts me .( i don't know if these poems were from you about you ...but my gosh these are definetly about me ...you really don't know how your words are en-lighting my thoughts....continue......