Friday, May 16, 2008

The Future Responds

Hey man, relax.

You've got it all wrong, but I can't tell you what you've got wrong - you'll figure that out on your own. Just hang in there.

I wish I could say it gets better, but it really doesn't. There'll be plenty of peaks and valleys. That's the point - not all this "having" crap. You don't own anything in life: life owns you. You're born and you die, everything in between is parenthetical.

Don't get all upset about it though. Life is still precious, and you probably don't realize how much of it you're going to miss out on. You never cried enough, never loved enough, never bothered to be vulnerable because you were afraid. Let me tell you, fear is way worse than pain. Pain ends, but fear builds on itself until it has constructed an awesome clockwork apparition that knows no empathy. Pain simply is, but fear is malicious. Don't let it infect you, or you'll lose so much in life that you might as well not have lived at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So have I mentioned before that I’m super jealous that you can express things so much more eloquently and confidently than I’m able to? Anyways, just because this is true doesn’t mean I can convince myself to listen to it. ;-) Maybe I feel like I’ve spent too much time seeking and begging for answers that to concede now would be a waste. Maybe I’m afraid of not being able to hide behind an excuse of fear. (Maybe I have more issues than I thought!) What I want to know is, why is it now- when everyone and everything is so focused on our future- that it seems the most unclear? But I guess that’s the point....

Stop hurting my brain! :-)