Thursday, May 15, 2008

Texting the Future

Hey.

I guess I think that you know what you're doing, where you're going. Maybe you already know and you just refuse to tell me. That's fine. It would be hard anyway.

I don't expect much I guess. Security. Love. Pain. Heartbreak. It's all the same to me. I guess I kind of do know the future already. I just wish I could know exactly what I need to do to get there.

I know what you're thinking. "You don't have to do anything to get to the future, it plods steadily towards you regardless of your attempts to thwart or hasten it." You're only half right. Maybe what the future looks like to you is different. After all, you're already there. Me, I'm still stuck in the past, trying to push through the muck to get to where you are.

I'm so envious of you. You've got everything that I want and don't know how to get. I dunno, maybe that's the point. Maybe I won't ever have everything I want, so I've got to grab what I can get. Maybe having isn't as important as trying.

No comments: