Sunday, December 17, 2006

=/=

I'm so sick of chauvinism, or just sexism in general. Judgments based on appearances aren't always inaccurate, but the fact is that so many people allow their assessments of people to be biased by things that those individuals don't even have control over. I know that this is just another redundant rant, but for some reason I feel the need to get this out in the open.

There is something I hate more than chauvinism, and that is the reaction that some individuals have deemed necessary; in order to retaliate against discrimination, they either anti-discriminate or discriminate against those who are discriminating against them. The "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" philosophy is dead. Anyone who believes otherwise is a fool in the highest degree.

Marxism doesn't work! Violence, hatred, and discrimination will only yield more of the same. It is up to those of us blessed with intellectual initiative to reciprocate by sharing, or at least attempting to share this knowledge. I'm not an idiot, I know what people are like. The voice of reason has never been popular, and logic's effect wanes daily. However, simply because something is difficult does not mean it should not be attempted. Failure is not weakness, but lacking the drive to even attempt the impossible indicates that you are guilty of the worst sin of all: apathy.

Even as I say this I can feel my conscience pressing down on me, for this is the sin that most frequently haunts my footsteps . . .

No comments: