Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Accept the Pregnant Future

It was so heavy . . .

It's rained hard before of course. The rain is usually light, but it does . . . pour.

Never like then. It wasn't just raining, it was heavy.

Very.

It was kind of like, when you're carrying something and you put it down for a moment to rest your arms, that really lightweight feeling, only backwards. Like when you've eaten too much pizza, and all you want to do is sleep, but you're wide awake.

Today is one of those days.

And so, as I put my feet to the bicycle pedals and block out the voracious feeding noises of highway traffic, I know that today may be the last day. My last day. I can hoist my backpack higher, but I know that I'll never escape this road. I am destined to live here . . . perhaps even die here.

I am ready.

No comments: