Thursday, May 10, 2007

Burning Shadows (Introduction)

I’d like to tell you a story. Don’t worry it won’t take long – I’ll break it up into pieces. Pieces yes . . . what a pleasing metaphor . . . he would be pleased. Who? His name is difficult to remember, although I’m sure you’ve heard it. If only he hadn’t forgotten his name, even his own face, he might still be with us. It is a sad fate, when someone else must tell your story as I am telling you his.

How does one forget their own face? It is akin to looking at yourself in the mirror. Truly the mirror gives a clearly defined image, but imagine that as you grow older your eyes grow foggier and can no longer achieve the clarity of perception that they once were capable of. How then can you know your own face? That is how he forgot himself. What is his name?

He is known by the world, no the universe, as Master Soofor. Still, I do not wish to tell you a story about him, I’m sure his fame has brought you word of many. No instead I want to tell you about that which has been kept locked away in the most secret of places. This is not the story of Master Soofor, but of the young boy that we know only as Notek.

No comments: