Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Hands shaking, I placed the paper back into the billfold of my wallet.

That was the eighth time I'd read it.

I wish it was kind of strange to me that I knew the precise number of times I'd read the letter, but the truth is, it wasn't. You see, when I'm put in a stressful situation I tend to wrap myself in details.

Lots of details.

For one thing, the box was made of cedar. I'm no naturalist, but I know that cedar likes to grow in swampy areas.

Just so you know, there's a massive swamp not even three miles from here. Town Hall was gonna' turn it into a development, but the boss man said it was too dangerous.

And rumor has it one of the workers disappeared.

Now, I'm not usually the adventurous type,

But curiousity does sometimes get the better of me . . .

No comments: