Friday, September 22, 2006

Voodoo Of My Heart

You don't really,
You just pretend,
Like a very short road with no end,

You rend my heart when you feel this way,
But you dare not change,
No, not today.

You look my way,
I see your face,
But it's still only the one that you put in place.

Not a flashing light,
Not a burning beam,
All I see is that you seem.

Seem to be,
Seem to be free,
But it's all locked up inside of me.

You think you've killed
The other you,
But everytime I look inside I see right through.

Not inside yourself
Like you think you are,
But you're inside me, like an awful scar.

Like a burning ember,
Flame and glory,
That constantly tells me your story.

You wonder why,
This distance you feel,
And why when you hurt I am the one who squeals.

Are you blind?
Are you deaf?
To see me carry your pain?

But I do so with love,
In the hopes that one day,
You'll turn to me and say:

"Thank you"

No comments: